November 4, 2010

Oregon Wild Cherry Cheese Board

Look what I found yesterday on Etsy!!! Oregon Wild Cherry Cheese Board by Red Onion Woodworks.


Isn't it beautiful? I fell in love with the Oregon trees while I was visiting this summer, so I just had to buy it. I would love it for myself, but I think it will end up being a Christmas present.




Here is the description:
"This listing is for one of a series of Oregon Wild Cherry cheese boards. Individual boards vary slightly in size and coloring. These boards feature one natural edge with the bark still on that gives enough suggestion for you to imagine its place in a growing tree. The cutting surfaces have straight grain with colors that may range from creme to olive to rose to chocolate, making it rustically beautiful and perfect for serving cheese or other hors d'oeuvres. The generously sized hole will allow you to hang it in your kitchen or dining area when not in use.

One of these boards measures 13 1/2"-16" long, 5 1/2"-6 1/2" wide, and 5/8" thick . It has been finished with a food-safe blend of beeswax and mineral oil.

All lumber for my projects is salvaged from industrial logging operations, backyards, or storm damaged areas."

I can't wait to see it in person. 

1 comment: